Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fabric Shopping

Short post this morning:

Last Saturday I drove (!!!!) my friends and I fabric shopping. We went to a little alley where there were at least 30 booths that looked like this:
each with a different sales-lady trying to convince us to buy her wares. It was overwhelming to say the least, but this is what I ended up with. Projects to come (It is very easy here to pay to have clothes and things made. I don't plan to become an expert seamstress overnight!)
 My friend modeling the pagne for the couch...

And one for clothes...

And another for clothes. 

Three large bolts of 6 yards each cost $38. I didn't think that was too bad, although I am told similar pagne costs less in other African countries. I am quite happy with mine though and already looking forward to the next adventure! So many to choose from! 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, they are so pretty! You could make an awesome quilt - http://cathywu.com/journal/treadling/2013/11/25/the-benin-quilt-the-end/

    ReplyDelete