Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cats of Campus

So this post may not be as epic as I like, but you will get the idea. Other than Davy, many cat characters inhabit the campus. So many, in fact, that we are a little worried it's going to negatively affect the birds! So I thought I would give a little overview. Friends and I enjoy interpreting the various cat personalities to imagine a veritable cat soap opera going on around us... frankly I don't think it's that much of a stretch. I am sure there are cat politics aplenty!

Davy mid-yawn

This is Muwah, who my neighbors 'inherited' as part of their house (with their permission) The housekeeper fed her for the summer and then they met her when they arrived with me in August of 2014. She is very demanding.... very very demanding... whether it is to be let in, let out, fed, petted, or anything, she makes sure she gets her way. Attitude to spare. Love to see her regally sitting on her porch, though this picture was taken in my yard. She is very vocal and will usually reply when you say her name.

Her mom Luna moved to campus with my last spring roommate - very very shy and retiring, she doesn't make many appearances except to be fed and never bonded with me well at all. However, the new inhabitant of my roommate and I's house agreed to 'inherit' her as part of her house and they have bonded very well. Luna also likes to relax on her porch (in or out).



Tinkerbell also moved to campus with my roommate last spring and spent a lot of time bonding with me, more than my own cat at that time! She is very affectionate and loves everyone and everything - pretty much the most pleasant cat of the bunch (I will admit that Davy looks cute but is not the most nice to everyone, he is rather territorial haha) She now lives with my former roommate's future son-in-law who took her job and also took this picture!



As you can kind of see from these pictures (and I am also biased) Congo cats (Congo-born cats) are different than Davy... Their legs tend to be shorter and they are smaller than Davy (not that Davy is large). There are many other cats on campus, two at the far end, one that the new superintendent 'inherited' from the previous one, two VERY talkative cats who are Tinkerbell's neighbors and another large male cat who is Luna's neighbor, and that is only upper campus. On lower campus we have an indoor cat, I believe the only one around.

We also have a wild civet cat that occasionally makes an appearance, just to round out the bunch. Never dull, in the human or cat world, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment