Saturday, February 11, 2017

San Francisco, California, USA

After the literal longest day of my life (leaving Indonesia on February 7th and after 16+ hours of travel landing at SFO and it was barely 8pm on February 7th. Still.) I was concerned about jet lag, but I did manage to get out to see the touristy sights on Wednesday. I ventured to Pier 39 to see the sea lions and the Golden Gate for the first time!



And had San Francisco sourdough sandwich with crab meat for lunch (a stark change from having my lunch included in the price of hotel for 6 days) and ice cream for dessert! So full!



Then I headed to City Lights bookstore

  

and Chinatown



before heading back to my Airbnb to rest. Tour guide extraordinaire Uncle Mark picked me up the next (rainy) morning and we toured the California Academy of Sciences (along with many children!) to see the green roof, cool rock exhibit (Vermont talc!), large aquarium (albino alligator, scuba diving microphoned presenter), large mock amazon forest (butterflies birds and more!), and huge planetarium. Intense! We went up in the de Young observatory to look around (still in the rain!)


before heading to an amazing Greek place Soulva for lunch (and The Mill for bread but not toast) and to see the Full House houses (in the rain!)



Lastly, we headed to the Legion of Honor, to see soooo many Rodins!



and a boar shaped boar server like the ones in Cambridge!



I really was there! And no this is not the sight of Brigadoon. Thank you so much Uncle Mark!!!



Friday I had trouble motivating out of bed, but did manage to figure out the bus to do a walking/running tour from Chrissy Field to the Golden Gate park. Not sure how far, but it felt far and was a gorgeous day. Was mad my phone died, but it was so beautiful, hard to stay mad.

 

Fog in, fog out. Fog horn!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment