Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Summer in Kinshasa

This past week I have had lots of fun taking more flower pictures. First, I was very taken by this yellow and orange flower, so pretty!
Couldn't get enough of the palm tree reflection in the pool the other morning - almost too pretty to wreck by going swimming. The poor security guard saw me taking pictures alone at 6am and wanted to know if I wanted a picture taken of me! haha I said I was all set, just being Miss Amateur Photographer.
I just deeply cannot get enough of these flowers. I don't think I have ever seen anything so pretty.
 Imagine my surprise and pleasure, then, in finding that they have pink cousins. How gorgeous. Frangipani or Plumeria they are called. Not a great photo, but you get the idea.
Davy decided to help me show off my amazing birthday gifts! Finally borrowed the staple gun to stretch my fabric on the frame for my birthday. Notice the dress of the same fabric on the dresser!
My new workout pants are dirty, but I got fabric from my teaching assistant, flowers and the plate from students, glasses repair kit from my family, and numerous cards (plus ecards and online greetings). I am a very lucky girl! Many thanks to all!
No Davy is not yet professionally cat modeling, but I am sure he could be employed for some tuna.... Here he is relaxing on the porch. Gotta love him. Stay warm all! Until next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment