Saturday, August 9, 2014

Indoors

I finally have internet on my personal computer! It has been great to have use of the school internet but it's also very pleasant to have all my normal tabs and normal passwords already logged in. I have successfully skyped today, so uploading pictures should be no big deal and I will show you the inside of my home. Obviously, this is not an average Congolese house, this is a place made to have American teachers feeling somewhat at home. I find it hard to feel super home-y without any carpet or rugs, but the floors are nice and cool which will be an advantage once it gets to be summer here. I also didn't feel like spending money on a rug as I would rather have a nice porch chair and just use slippers. Today a nice porch couch was purchased for $200, so that will go:
This is what you see as you walk in the front door, nicely painted porch floor where I apply bug spray and get the ground all gross and sticky! haha Then you walk into the house and you can see the living room toward the right and dining room to the left. 
So this is the view to the right as you look out toward the road, with my desk and living room set, two chairs and a sofa. There is a large chest where I place my computer to watch TV from the couch. To the left is the dining room... In my experience in France I never had a chair that was comfortable to sit on with my large bottom, and here all the chairs are so nice and comfy. I love it! Sitting in the dining room now to blog. 
We have insane amounts of storage, I have my few containers of toiletries and random accessories in one of those large cupboards and the rest are empty. The top will hopefully be a cat play area if I can get some safe way for him to climb up there. The doorway to the right is the bedroom, and off to the left is the bathroom and kitchen. 
This is the kitchen hallway bit, with the bathroom door visible on the left, and then if you turn past the stove you see this: 
Evidently didn't take bedroom or bathroom pictures because they were dirty... haha... but they are very normal looking bedroom/bathroom with just a shower, no tub. In all, I am very very very comfortable and happy here except that I miss my roommates and my cat very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment